Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Books, Books and Books!


I promised a winner in my contest for an autographed copy of Betty Tales: The True Story of a Brave Bobblehead Cat and we have one! Congrats to  Kelly Taylor! Please e-mail me as soon as possible so I can get your copy (along with a few extra goodies) in the mail to you right away :) Thanks to ALL of you who have signed the Guest Book at BettyTales.com and ordered the book. Betty Tales is well on its way to making a difference! (By the way, I'd love to come speak to your group about Betty Tales. I can appear by Skype anywhere in the world.)

Now that we've talked about Betty Tales, on to something different.

I don't normally do book reviews on this site. Those of you who follow me know I'm apparently very happily stuck in the full glory of my history geekiness. But what you may not know is how much I love reading mysteries. Fortunately for me, I have friends who actually write these!

I'd love for you to take a peek at Check Out Time. Written by my friend, Rosa Sophia, who is also an editor as well as a published author of the Paranormal  Mystery Taking 1960, her new book Check Out Time sounds like something right  up my mystery-loving alley:

Naomi Vogler blames herself for her mother's tragic death, continually reliving the accident in her nightmares.  When she reconnects with her estranged father, he invites her to live with him in a little town called Witchfire. A simple  job stocking shelves overnight at a local grocery store seems a perfect distraction. But when the manager of the store is found dead in the boiler room, Naomi's perfect job becomes something much more complicated. No matter how she looks at it, one thing is certain: retail is murder.

Rosa would love to see you at her website, http://www.rosasophia.com.

Then there's author Prudy Taylor Board whose latest mystery, Devil Eyes (written as Prudence Foster), is set in an old hotel on a fictional island off the west coast of Florida. Prudy who is an award-winning author, has written a total of 25 books so far. A Florida native, she brings her love of the state and her attention to the smallest details to all of her books. Here's a short synopsis of Devil Eyes:

At a luxury resort on a remote key off Florida’s Gulf coast, guests, staff and townspeople people are threatened by the spirits of a deranged French au pair and her Seminole lover. . . a conflict brought into focus through the eyes of a child, an albino Indian and an antique toy — a stereopticon.

Head over to Prudy's new blog, The Imprudent Author, to see everything this wonderful writer has up her sleeves!

From time to time, I'll take a side step to tell you about some wonderful authors I've read or met and their latest work. In the meantime, next week we'll be back to the mysteries of Florida history!

Clipart from Microsoft Office.
Copyright (c) 2012 Ruth Hartman Berge

No comments:

Post a Comment