Imagine my surprise when I opened the blog this morning to check on any comments awaiting moderation and found that Ms Saba on the wonderful blog, Of Thoughts and Words which can (and should!) be found at http://www.worddiaries.blogspot.com has passed The Versatile Blogger Award on to me! Ms. Saba's blog is about her works in progress and is very fun to read and I encourage you to stop by for a visit. Thank you very much for the award!!
Exactly what is The Versatile Blogger Award? Well, when tapped, the recipient has to follow some rules (of course). Anyone who accepts the award is asked by the person selecting them to do three things:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this Award on to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!
So without further ado, here are seven things about myself:
1. Have traveled in Norway, England, Sweden, The Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, Canada and Northern Ireland and loved them all.
2. Although my writing is based on my memories of growing up in South Florida, I actually did live in Tallahassee, Florida (go 'Noles - FSU) for four years and St. Louis, Missouri for four.
3. The very first time I saw snow was my senior year of high school when there were light flurries in Palm Beach County (1977). Yep, snow in Florida. First actual snow that stayed on the ground that you could play in was on my honeymoon in Quebec when I was twenty-eight. My wonderful ex-husband chose three locations that should be snowy and away we went!
4. I'm NOT a fan of vegetables.
5. I've always been drawn to the ocean and have never been totally happy living away from it. I live about four miles from it now and it's worth the occasional hurricane.
6. My very first story ever written was when I was six (I think). My mom still has it. It says, "I am writing to tell you you are going to have a baby." As my mom was nine months pregnant at the time, I think she already had a pretty good clue.
7. I'm a volunteer literacy tutor with the Literacy Coalition of Palm Beach County. I decided that there was no better gift I could contribute to my community than to pass on the joy of reading and writing to someone who didn't have a chance the first time around.
Ok, now that you know more than you ever cared to know about me... here's fifteen blogs that I follow and adore. I hope you enjoy them, too!